What have you
got to lose?
Don't lose it all to bushfire.
Make your Bushfire Survival Plan
A bushfire is nearing your property.
What do you do?
You need a plan. Ask yourself...
If you leave early:
If you leave early
- Do you have a Bushfire Evacuation Kit with your family's important items and equipment needed to relocate?
- Can you quickly and easily access and take your Bushfire Evacuation Kit with you at short notice?
- Have you left your property well-prepared to withstand a bushfire?
- Does everyone agree on the plan to leave early and know what to do?
If you stay and defend:
If you stay and defend
- Defending your home from a bushfire could be one of the most traumatic experiences of your life.
- Do you have a Bushfire Emergency Kit to help you stay and defend your property?
- Do you have well-maintained resources and equipment and do you know how to use them?
- Have you prepared your property to withstand the impact of bushfire?
Prepare your property and family now, so everyone knows what actions to take to survive.
More information and resources
Prepare for bushfire season
An unprepared property is not only at risk itself, but may also present an increased danger for neighbours.Learn more
Know your risk
Bushfires can affect anyone, anywhere in Queensland. All residents should be prepared for bushfire.Learn more
Tune into warnings
All Queenslanders should be familiar with official Bushfire Warnings. Seek information, make decisions and act.Learn more